Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/atouchof/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Checkers, spoons, and... can't think of another
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

517 Posts in 131 Topics- by 74 Members - Latest Member: AAcrazyman

November 20, 2019, 02:35:17 PM
A Touch of WarGeneralReality GameCheckers, spoons, and... can't think of another
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Checkers, spoons, and... can't think of another  (Read 7216 times)
Zach
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »

p4][p3][p2][p1]|pile with the rest|
| |=don't write the words inside
[ ]=write the words inside
Zach
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »

I forgot to say, this game is only right handed add R-button support to be nice to the few left handeders
and in othelo,(black and white pieces) when you put a piece in your hand in flips it around to its original side, I don't want it to flip the pieces in checkers when you put them in your hand
Zach
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »

I'd also like to have a feature to make your own game, or save your own card game arangment(but have it shuffle the cards for next time you play)
JimmyL
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »

Wow, the first game suggestion Smiley  and here I was thinking no one played this game.

I can't believe I didn't put checkers in there, should be simple.

I haven't heard of spoons, but I'll take a look, anything should be simple enough, except for me drawing a spoon Smiley  Is spoons only playable be 4 players?  and have you tried networking the game with 4 players?  I've only ever tried it with 2 and it worked.

I ran the game quickly on my ds, I didn't notice the flipping othello piece problem.  but I can easily use the Go pieces for checkers, but I might need to draw new pieces that have a crown on the other side, so players can flip them if they reach the end of the board.

I'd love to add a game save/load, there would be some limits to how many objects could be on the table at once.  I'd have to think about it, and read up on how to load and save stuff on the ds... I'm guessing it might be different on different flash cards.  But that's a much bigger job that adding new games, so it's pretty far down on my todo list.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on this, hopefully soon, I'm trying to get an XNA game finished up and it's eating most of my free time.
Zach
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »

Wow, the first game suggestion Smiley  and here I was thinking no one played this game.

I can't believe I didn't put checkers in there, should be simple.

I haven't heard of spoons, but I'll take a look, anything should be simple enough, except for me drawing a spoon Smiley  Is spoons only playable be 4 players?  and have you tried networking the game with 4 players?  I've only ever tried it with 2 and it worked.

I ran the game quickly on my ds, I didn't notice the flipping othello piece problem.  but I can easily use the Go pieces for checkers, but I might need to draw new pieces that have a crown on the other side, so players can flip them if they reach the end of the board.

I'd love to add a game save/load, there would be some limits to how many objects could be on the table at once.  I'd have to think about it, and read up on how to load and save stuff on the ds... I'm guessing it might be different on different flash cards.  But that's a much bigger job that adding new games, so it's pretty far down on my todo list.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on this, hopefully soon, I'm trying to get an XNA game finished up and it's eating most of my free time.

spoons is playable for 2-? people(one more person than how many spoons you have)though on wikipedia it says 3-8 people
darn, guests can't post links
en.wikipedia.
org
/wiki/Spoons
JimmyL
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

Hey Zach, I posted a new version, 0.6.  I added checkers and 'R' button support.  I'll look into adding Spoons another day, I'm going to get back to my xna development for now.

I think I finally get what you mean about the othello piece flipping.  If you're talking about the pieces flipping in the boxes on the top screen, it's a feature for the card games and the letter tiles.  They flip in those boxes so you can keep your cards and letters private in multiplayer games.  The othello and checker pieces just live my the same rules, so they always default to one side in that box.  I'll add fixing this to my todo list, and maybe even some sort of reveal hand button, so everything in your hand will look the same for you and other network players.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx